A Return to Our Original Parade Route!
The 2024 St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes place on St. Patrick’s Day itself, Sunday, March 17, 2024, at 1 pm!
When St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Sunday, the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade traditionally moves to Saturday, March 16. Since the Glen Cove parade always takes place on the Sunday following the NYC parade, we have the good fortune of having our parade fall on St. Patrick’s Day itself, March 17, 2024, during those years!
The 2024 Parade will return to its traditional route – ending outside the Church of St. Patrick, at Glen Street and Pearsall Avenue.
The Parade Reviewing Stand will return to its former position in the block before the end of the Parade route.
In addition to Glen Cove’s downtown municipal parking garages, parking will be available at St. Patrick’s lot and the shuttle bus will circulate through the parking, formation and spectator areas.
- The Parade forms up alongside the Finley Middle School, on Forest Avenue north of Dosoris Lane.
- It then moves from the designated formation areas around the Finley School from Forest Avenue directly into Brewster Street south of Dosoris Lane.
- It then follows Brewster Street, then forks left onto School Street at the historic “Liberty Pole” flagpole.
- Marchers then follow School Street through cheering throngs in the center of downtown Glen Cove, then through the city’s beautiful Village Square.
- The Parade then turns onto Glen Street, continuing until it passes the Reviewing Stand in the block before the end of the parade route at Glen Street and Pearsall Avenue.
Parade Directions and Parking
Free Parking For Parade Marchers and Contingents:
There is no parking available at the staging areas surrounding the Finley Middle School. The school parking areas there are used solely for lining up the marching units, parade vehicles, and floats and are closed to all other vehicles. There are no exceptions.
Convenient parking is available at the Glen Cove multi-level Pulaski Street Parking Garage located a half-block from the end of the parade route at Glen Street and Pulaski Street.
A Free Shuttle Bus will take all marchers from there to the staging area, a ride of just a few minutes.
At the end of the Parade (Glen Street and Pulaski Street, marchers will be a block or less from their parked cars and from the After-Parade Party at the Metropolitan and a few minutes walk from the other eateries and pubs along the parade route.
Free Parking For Parade Spectators:
- There are large, FREE multilevel parking garages behind the School Street, Village Square and Glen Street viewing areas of the parade.
- The garages on the north side of School Street, (the Brewster Street Garage) may be entered from Brewster Street.
- The garages on the south side of School Street (the Pulaski Street Garage) may be entered from Glen Street or Highland Road.
- Spectators may step out of either garage directly onto the School Street, Village Square and Glen Street or Village Square viewing areas.
- All parking is free.
- There is parking on a first-come-first-served basis at the St. Patrick’s parking lot at the end of the parade route.
Directions from Long Island Expressway:
1. Exit at Exit 39, Glen Cove Road.
2. Take Glen Cove Road North.
3. Glen Cove Road crosses the intersection of Rte 25A (Northern Blvd. – Wheatley Plaza, Pathmark is on the right) and then the intersection of Glen Head Road (TD Bank is on the right).
4. After passing through the intersection with Glen Head Road, Route 107 merges with Glen Cove Road. Stay to the left. You will see St. Hyacinth’s Church on the right. Stay in the left lane and soon after the church you will come to a fork in the road. Stay to the left and take the left-hand fork, which is a bypass into Glen Cove.
5. Route 107 ends opposite the Glen Cove Fire Department. Turn right, onto Brewster Street and follow Brewster Street. You may turn into the municipal parking from Brewster Street, or continue on a quarter mile to the corner of Dosoris Lane and Forest Avenue, where the grounds of the Finley Middle School begin, on the left, in order to drop off parade marchers. There is no parking at the staging area. A free shuttle bus runs from the Parking Areas (see above) to the staging area.