- The Glen Cove St. Patrick’s Day Parade forms behind the Finley Middle School, Forest Avenue, north of Dosoris Lane.
- The Parade moves from the designated formation areas around the Finley Middle School into Forest Avenue south of Dosoris Lane.
- It then follows Brewster Street to School Street.
- From there it moves into Glen Street
- It then follows Glen Street to the end of Parade Route at St. Patrick’s Church, which is located at the corner of Glen Street and Pearsall Avenue.
Parade Directions and Parking
Parking For Parade Participants
There is no parking available at the staging grounds.The school parking areas there are used solely for lining up the marching units and floats and, thus, are closed to all vehicles. There are no exceptions. Convenient parking is available at the Glen Cove Parking Garages on Brewster Street.
Free Shuttle Buses are available from the Brewster Street Parking Garage and the St. Patrick’s Church parking lot to the beginning of the parade. A free shuttle bus is also available for marchers from the St. Patrick’s Church parking lot at the end of the parade to the staging area.
There are large multilevel parking garages behind the School Street and Glen Street viewing areas of the parade. The garages on the north of School Street may be entered from Brewster Street and the garages on the south side can be entered from Glen Street. Both parking areas give easy access to the School Street and Glen Street viewing areas. All parking is free.
Directions from Long Island Expressway:
1. Exit at Exit 39, Glen Cove Road.
2. Take Glen Cove Road North.
3. Glen Cove Road crosses the intersection of Rte 25A (Northern Blvd. – Wheatley Plaza, Pathmark is on the right) and then the intersection of Glen Head Road (TD Bank is on the right).
4. After passing through the intersection with Glen Head Road, Route 107 merges with Glen Cove Road. Stay to the left. You will see St. Hyacinth’s Church on the right. Stay in the left lane and soon after the church you will come to a fork in the road. Stay to the left and take the left hand fork, which is a bypass into Glen Cove.
5. Route 107 ends opposite the Glen Cove Fire Department. Turn right, onto Brewster Street and follow Brewster Street. You may turn into the municipal parking from Brewster Street, or continue on a quarter mile to the corner of Dosoris Lane and Forest Avenue, where the grounds of the Finley Middle School begin, on the left, in order to drop off parade marchers. There is not parking at the staging area. Free shuttle buses run from the Brewster Street Parking Garage and the St. Patrick’s Church Parking Lot to the staging area.